Wednesday, June 1, 2011

“Make it work!”

Fabric…check! 
Sewing Machine…check! 
Sewing Machine Skills…not so much!

As a Fiber Major, this past semester I was able to join the Project Runway Course offered at my University. The class was based off of the popular television show and consisted of five challenges! Having about a week and a half to complete each challenge I quickly became use to seam ripping, pricked fingers and broken sewing machine needles.  HOWEVER… once my fingers healed up and a new machine needle lasted me more than one challenge, I came to love and enjoy the process of making my own clothes!

I hope you are inspired to pull out those sewing machines… Enjoy! 


"Think Pink" Challenge - Linen and Tulle Crop Top and Lace Pants 




"Hot Mama" Challenge - I borrowed my niece for this one! 




Complete "Hot Momma" Dress - Pink Corduroy Dress and Chiffon Cape
Model: Kayla Veloz

"Encrusted Surface" Challenge - Chiffon Dress









 photo sig_zps09604bee.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

This site was made with ♥ by Angie Makes